Terms and Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions can be found here.
Prices (unless stated) exclude GST which is calculated at 15% at checkout.
CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS
Tech Futures Lab takes concerns very seriously and we commit to addressing any concerns or complaints openly and promptly. In the event that you are unable to gain a satisfactory response from a member of staff, please provide a detailed written account addressed to the General Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
It is our policy to address any issues as they arise to ensure the optimum delivery of our educational experience.
Withdrawls and/or Refunds
- The key provisions and terms for withdrawals and refunds from individual TFL programmes are summarised in the following withdrawal scenarios.
- Students must contact the TFL Enrolments Team for any questions. Students who wish to apply for withdrawal must make an application in writing. Verbal notice of withdrawal will not normally be accepted as a student’s intention to withdraw.
- Withdrawal is confirmed from the date the written notification is received by TFL; the refund / fees outcomes of the withdrawal will be determined by the date the withdrawal is confirmed.
- The key dates that relate to withdrawing from courses (Start Date, 10% Date, 75% Date, and End Date) in a programme are identified in the Student Handbooks for each programme.
- Any applicable Administration / Registration fee is normally included in the Tuition fee invoiced at the start of the enrolment, but is separated from the fees refund if a student withdraws before the last date for withdrawal with a refund. If a student withdraws before the last date for withdrawal for a refund, they will be liable for any applicable Administration / Registration fee. If a student has already paid fees, this Administration / Registration fee will be deducted from any refund owed to the student.
- In case of more than four consecutive weeks of non-attendance in classes, or non-participation in required online activities associated with a programme or course, and no contact with TFL, the student may be withdrawn on grounds of abandonment.
If Exceptional Circumstances apply, a student who withdraws after the last dates for refund eligibility have passed, may be eligible for compassionate consideration. The student (or an authorised person acting on behalf of the student) must contact the Enrolments team with details for consideration. In such cases, all decisions of the General Manager are final and cannot be appealed.
Tech Futures Lab is committed to complying with the obligations of the Privacy Act 1993 and will take all reasonably available measures to protect the privacy of information collected.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Tech Futures Lab collects personal information about students and its customers through both our website registration form and personal transactions over the telephone or on site. The information includes name and contact details, date of birth, payment details and any additional personal information that you believe it is important for Tech Futures Lab to be aware of (eg medical conditions, learning issues etc).
Information may also be retained of each student’s course record at Tech Futures Lab and from time to time, the students may also have their photograph taken to record activities within the Lab as part of their learning experience.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All personal registration information will be stored on Tech Futures Lab’s server. In additional individual access through the website may be logged by Tech Futures Lab’s server. This could include:
browser’s internet address
date and time of the visit to the site
the pages accessed and documents downloaded
the type of browser used
Tech Futures Lab may use this information for statistical purposes and for system administration tasks to maintain this service. Tech Futures Lab does not identify individuals as part of this practice. However, in the event of an investigation, by a law enforcement agency or other government agency, Tech Futures Lab may exercise its legal authority to inspect relevant server logs.
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from our web server and stored on your computer hard drive. Cookies help us to provide our users with a customised experience without having to re-enter their preferences each time they return to our website. Customers may disable cookies, however doing so may restrict access to some web pages.
Tech Futures Lab takes all reasonable precautions to guard against unauthorised access to confidential and personal information including the loss, misuse and alteration of the information held by it on its server. When personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, it may be deleted.
Tech Futures Lab’s booking and billing system is PCI-DSS compliant. It works with the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) system for encrypting credit card information. The web platform is accredited as a level 1 service provider and merchant, which is the highest level of security.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected by Tech Futures Lab will be held for the purposes of enrolling customers and students and administration. Other purposes may include reporting back to students / customers, celebrating and recording achievement and student achievement.
Tech Futures Lab uses email address to communicate regarding current bookings, surveys, course updates and administrative matters. All recipients are given the option to opt out of receiving emails.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Tech Futures Lab will not disclose any personal information held to a third party, unless required by law or with the consent of the customer / student concerned.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Tech Futures Lab will use reasonable endeavors to maintain accurate, up to date information regarding students, customers and staff. Customers have the right to request access and to request correction of information held about them. All requests should be directed to the Chief Executive by emailing email@example.com.
If you believe that Tech Futures Lab has breached your privacy your concern should be directed promptly to the Chief Executive.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
WORKSHOPS AND SHORT COURSES
We will refund up to 2 weeks before the workshop.
Cancellation within 2 weeks incurs a $250 administration fee (incl GST).
No refunds will be given within 7 days of the workshop.
Places are fully transferrable when notified in advance.
All cancellations and transfers must be notified in writing and directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for a credit for any other reason will be entirely at the discretion of the General Manager.
Tech Futures Lab reserves the right to cancel any workshops with fewer than 6 people booked. In this instance, either a full refund or an option to reschedule will be given.